2009-06-16

The Bran Flakes - "The Girl That I Used To Be (feat. Bomarr)"



From their website:
"Formed in 1992 amidst tape and zine trading scenes, The Bran Flakes already have seven releases of zany mashups and poppy audio collages that are more likely to cop a riff from Evel Knievel than anything on the current radio dial. Six years since their last release, they return with the absurdly entertaining I Have Hands."

I Have Hands is their sixth release, and their first on Illegal Art (home to Girl Talk and Steinski). This track features yours truly on the drums. I recorded live drum breaks in the studio, sent them to my friend (Bran Flake Otis Fodder), and he promptly chopped and reprogrammed the hell out of them. The Bran Flakes are offering a "name your own price" download over at the Illegal Art Webstore. This record is too good to pass up, at any price. Go check it out.

No comments: