2009-11-06

Krikor & The Dead Hillbillies - "God Will Break It All"



First off, this music is absolutely NOTHING like the album artwork and band name make it seem. I'd look at this album cover and probably assume this was some sort of alt-country/indie-folk rock record, not some upbeat, poppy, dance-able poppy stuff. This completely caught me off guard, but I guess I should have expected this from a label like Tigersushi, who always seems to come with the goodies. Tigersushi has put out records by Principles of Geometry and Poni Hoax, and pretty much everything that comes out of this label is great. I wanted to post 2 songs from this record, but in fairness to the band, I chose one, and this is the one that has been bouncing around in my head like crazy. Also check out "Serpico's Wallet" over at their MySpace page.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm really digging on this one. I totally see what you mean about the album art, kinda reminds me of the album art dissconnect of God Speed You Black Emperor's album "Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven," where they had a photo of a hardcore punk show and anarchist poetry.

Anonymous said...

Krikor just did an hour long mix on Beats In Space that's rad, http://www.beatsinspace.net/playlists/492